IT Technician I
About Us: DigiTimber, a division of Twitch, Inc. is a premiere web hosting and IT consulting company with clients around the world, but are uniquely focused on businesses in Spokane, Washington. We are currently seeking talented individuals with strong customer service skills to work directly with our customers for all kinds of IT needs.
About You: Excellent communication skills are expected, along with an honest, self-motivated, and strong desire to expand and capitalize on your existing skillset. Ideal candidates should have previous experience in general network connectivity, administration of Windows and MacOS computer systems, and internet troubleshooting for web and email services.
Job Description: IT Technicians aim to keep the technology of our customers’ companies in good working order and accessible to their users. IT Technicians also work closely with team members, ensuring each situation is thoroughly resolved and all components are in working order.
We are seeking an experienced or entry level IT Technician to support and troubleshoot day-to-day technology issues of our customers, including but not limited to desktop applications, custom applications, and computer hardware. We would be happy to train some aspects of this position as long as you are motivated and have a strong initiative for learning new technologies.
Some of the working hours will require you to be at customers’ sites in the greater Spokane, WA area. Full coverage area is approximately 20 miles in any direction from Spokane Valley, WA (Sprague and Evergreen Intersection). Please ensure you have reliable transportation and are able to travel for some of the job. We would expect 25%-50% of this job would require travel to a customer site.
Contract to hire, full-time (35+ hour week), non-exempt/hourly reporting
6 month probationary period
Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
Optional overtime; evenings, weekends, and holidays
Travel: 25%-50% to customer sites around the greater Spokane area
- Respond to hardware and software support issues from customers for Microsoft Office and Windows, MacOS, Phone, Printers, Mobile and other technologies
- Set up and configure new computers at customers’ site
- Install application software as requested by customers
- Set up/remove user accounts on systems (network, email, phone, security, etc.)
- Maintain (patches, updates and fixes) software used on desktop systems including OS, anti-virus and malware protection
- Track and update IT inventory, provide documentation for processes
- Work with customers’ vendors to help resolve technical issues around software applications and technologies
- Assist with troubleshooting email configuration and setup on devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, etc)
- Perform miscellaneous related duties and other duties as assigned
- Ability to work at customer site as required by the current task
- Certificate or Diploma from a Technical School (AAS Degree or equivalent experience)
- CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, or other valid technical certificates
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Self-motivated and autonomous work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on assigned duties
- Strong sense of customers’ service and integrity
- Experience using Windows 10/11 and Microsoft 365
- Experience administering Windows 10/11 and Microsoft 365 is a plus
- Experience with Active Directory is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Experience with Ubiquiti network equipment is a plus
- Payment of stipend for mobile phone or a company phone provided for use
- Overtime opportunities after hours and weekends
- Ability to flex schedule to adjust around personal days
- $35,000-$45,000 Annually
- Reimbursement of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Starting pay based on experience, motivation, and technical abilities.
To apply for this position, please email us your resume along with any additional information as to why you would be a good fit for the position.Back to Careers